DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

hi I have a 6 year old daughter who this year has suffered

Customer Question

hi
I have a 6 year old daughter who this year has suffered badly from hayfever, to that extend that she ran a fever of 39.8 which we could not bring down easily. After a week of having a temperature she started with breading problems, vomiting slime, rash, swollen face and very watery eyes. I Rushed her to the emergency doctor who told me it was a allergic reaction to pollen and she was given anithistamine. Ever since she has been struggling with an allergy. She now also seem to react to dust. Last Saturday we cleaned out her cuddle cupboard, maybe the wrong thing to do with her present but she inhaled a good amount of dust, coughing and sneezing. Within 24 hours she started a temperature around 38.7 and again its hard to bring down with paracetamol and ibruprofin. Since Sunday morning I have put her back on antihistamine but her temperature keeps coming back up into the 38. It is now Tuesday and I would expect to get her temperature under control now she is on the antihistamine. But I am getting worried as its now day 3 of her having a temperature. She seems to be ok in herself as long we provide her with ibruprofin and paracetamol. Should I be worried or wait and see. many thanks for your reply sylvia
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.

There is no immediate danger based on what you have stated.

However, the allergy does not seem to be under control, and a short course of oral prednisone might be in order.

Of course urine should be checked and exam should be done.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions.

Please to not forget a positive rating.