DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have heard my doctor s name being mentioned and they have

Customer Question

I have heard my doctor s name being mentioned and they have been talking to her about my medical history.What can I do to find out if this is true that my doctor has valated my data protection and also doctor /patient confidentiality.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It does not sound like you have any evidence at all that your doctor is talking to anyone

Who is "they"?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

T h e y r m y n e i g h b o u r s.Ho w d i d t h e y g e t m y d o c t o r s n a m e a n d m y m e d i c a l h i t o r y t h e n?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Your doctor would not do this.

And how do you know they have your medical history?

It would be quite easy to get your doctors name in any number of ways if someone looked, or over heard you say it, etc.

It sounds like you are having a problem here that is psychological...why have you not simply asked your doctor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I ha v e n o p r o b l e m s T h a t i s w h a t t h e y r s a y i n g.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
You need to talk with your doctor and ask if you information has been kept private
You have not done this, correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I h a v e n o w l e f t e d t h e S u r g e r y c o s t h e d o c t o r w a s t a l k i n g a b o u t m y M e d i c a l h i s t o r y a n d i t s h u d b .B u t t h i s i s n o t r i g h t

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Please type so I can read it.
I think there is clearly a psychological problem going on....you don't know if your doctor talked about you at all...in fact, your question was how can you know....

So I will tell you, if you have these suspicions, you can have a lawyer state them and send a letter to the doctor to go in your chart.
This will stop any of that type of behavior.

Of course, the doctor can answer that letter and prove that he has kept your information private if he is able to do so.

If he has not violated your privacy, but you continue to think so, this is called paranoia, and needs to be addressed by a psychologist or psychiatrist.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions.
Please to not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

W e l l I m n o t p a r a n o i d t h a t i s r i d i c u l o u

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
So
Simply ask your doctor about this then.
Or, ask your neighbors what they were talking about.

Or, have a layer write your doctor.

Please to not forget a positive rating.