Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

my seams too small and tears when I get an erection.

Customer Question

my foreskin seams too small and tears when I get an erection. My doctor gave me Betnovate cream

This seamed to work but it came back

what can I use / do
Expert:  Dr. Das, MD replied 3 years ago.

Welcome and thank you for the question.

If the foreskin has been small from your puberty years, then the only option is to go in for a circumcision.

If however, it has become small later on, it is possible that you have a mild infection. Infection can cause mild adhesions of the foreskin to the head of the penis - this will make the foreskin appear small. Since Betnovate is a steroid, it decreases the inflammation, allowing the foreskin to slide freely but the symptoms will return later. Also, Betnovate can cause drying of the skin, making the symptoms worse with repeated use.

Please consult a doctor for a checkup to see if you still have any infection. If infection is no longer present, then using a lubricant like vaseline or baby oil, you can try sliding the foreskin over the head on and off throughout the day , especially when you urinate. this will help break up any scars and improve your symptoms.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was hoping for more than that for £40

I was not born with the condition.

I need to know if there is something I can use to make it more flexible, it splits and some time bleeds a little making it painful to urinate

Mick,

The foreskin splits and tears when it is erect when it is too dry. Too much dryness can occur due to the type of soap you are using or due to a mild fungal infection.

Please use an antifungal ointment like Lotrimin twice a day for at least one week - it is available without a prescription. Change your soap to a milder one and do not apply soap to the head, only the foreskin. Apply a good moisturiser after you shower. Olive or coconut oil is quite good.

After applying moisturiser, move the foreskin gently over the head to break any adhesions that may have formed.

Avoid Betnovate or any ointment which contains steroid.

You should see the splitting and bleeding disappear in about a week.