Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

My 31month old son vomitted around 2am on Monday the 13th and

Customer Question

My 31month old son vomitted around 2am on Monday the 13th and couldn't go to school. He stayed home that day and I observed him. He kept complaining of tummy ache and was vomitting a lot. His stool was loose not watery. My grandma gave him activated charcoal and he vomitted a few minutes after taking it. He was more lively after that but refused to eat or even drink his favourite juice. He however kept asking for water and I gave him in small quantities so he wouldn't throw-up. He was still complaining of his tummy aching and threw-up one more time at about 9:45pm. By the next day, he was fine. I still took him to the hospital though and the Dr there said it was groin pain and would go with time. Today however, in the morning he said he wanted to throw-up but he'd go to the bathroom and come back saying that nothing came out. This evening, he threw-up just about the size of a glob on his trouser leg. His tummy is bloated and he says it hurts but it's not stopping him from watching Barney. I asked him to touch the area hurting and he touched above and beloe his navel. Earlier in the day, he touched around his appendix area or just slightly below his appendix on the right side. Is it just groin pain that will indeed go with time and is there anything I can do to help him with the pain or should I be more concerned?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--did the doctor do any blood work or other tests?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No he did not He just suggested an abdominal scan which he said was just to be on the safe side He said he think it was anything serious as he said it was a groin pain that would go with time.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Any fever and is he now eating and drinking well?