Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Hello I have swollen lymph nodes in my groin. The one on the

Customer Question

Hello I have swollen lymph nodes in my groin. The one on the right is very hard. It only became noticibly large today. For 4 days or so I have had a lump on the outter edge or my vagina. Yesterday my partner popped this lump/cyst/ ingrown hair (no hair came out) and the lump reduced from 2cm to just over 1cm. My right gland is heading towards the 2cm mark. Should I be concerned? Should I wait a few days to see if my body heals itself before seeing a doctor? Today I'm feeling overly hot and very out of energy. I did drink some wine last night though...
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-

Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Is it hard to touch?
Does it look like blister or pimple?
Is it painful to touch?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I am on escattilopram, and dexamphetamine.

The lump looked like a very large blind pimple, then I tried to pop it and it looked like a blister. After being popped it looks more like a pimple again. It is only painful when I press on it and it is hard but not solid. I can still swish it.

Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.

It sounds to be an inclusion cyst. This occurs, when the oil become trapped under the skin.
It could also be a Bartholin’s cyst.
It could arise from Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands and occur due to the fact that hair follicles become infected, often with Staphylococcus aureus.
You can go for warm compresses.
This will allow the pores to drain and the cyst to resolve.

For associated pain, you can take pain relief, such as paracetamol or ibuprofen.
You can use a clean washcloth and towel to dry off each time you wash.
Most likely, this is not related with any serious issue.

Feeling of hot could be due to wine. No need to get panic.
Usually such symptoms will get resolve in a 3-4 days by these measures.
For peace of mind, please do get clinically examined from your doctor.

Good luck and Take care.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.