Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

hi ive seen my doctor several times but he refuses to help

Customer Question

hi ive seen my doctor several times but he refuses to help me, im 31 over 2 years ago my periods stopped in those 2 years sex has become very painful to the point me and husband have stopped, its very frustrating as we want a child, i have a child from a previous relationship. im a non smoker slightly over weight and generally in good health i dont drink i dont take drugs. why have my periods stopped and why wont my gp investigate and why has sex become so painful
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Hello and welcome

I am sorry that your Dr is ignoring this. You are experiencing pain with sex due to lack of estrogen.

Your Dr needs to do blood work to include your thyroid and hormone levels. You may be experiencing early menopause. This is called premature ovarian failure. This can be diagnosed by a simple blood test.

The treatment is hormone replacement. This will help with the pain with intercourse. You may need to consider a new physician.

Best of luck.