Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Cure for boil inside nose

Customer Question

Cure for boil inside nose
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
It will help if you could provide some further information:
How long has this been bothering you?
How close to the opening of the nose is the boil?
How large is the boil?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Two days,it is far up inside nostril, quite big and very painful

Thank you for the additional information.

If there is a boil that is larger and deeper within the nose, that would typically need medical care. Although the findings on examination would guide the treatment decision, a larger and deeper boil in the nose would probably need drainage and oral antibiotics.

If the boil is smaller, then it may work to apply a topical antibiotic/antiseptic cream. However, it may be difficult to apply the cream deeper within the nose, and topical treatment is more likely to not be effective for a larger boil.

It may help ease symptoms and promote healing to apply warm compresses over the nose and face or to irrigate the nose with warm salt water, such as with a NetiPot.

But it is more likely that the treatment that will achieve a cure of a large boil deep in the nose will involve drainage and oral antibiotics, and consequently, will require seeing your doctor.

If you have any further questions or need clarification, please let me know.

I observe that this question is still open, but I have not received any follow-up questions. If you have any further questions, please let me know. If I have answered all your questions, please remember to provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.