Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am suffering from sore throat since 10 days, it was severe

Customer Question

I am suffering from sore throat since 10 days, it was severe fore 3 days, day by day it's reducing but it is transferring from one side to other, it gets relied by hot water,I am not facing any difficulty in swallowing or breathing difficulty, now still there is mild pain, that's y I am worried
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.

It is not worrisome that there continues to be a sore throat at one week. It may have been appropriate to be seen for the initial sore throat, but now that the pain is slowly improving, it is not worrisome. The most common cause of a new onset of a sore throat is a viral infection. Although viral infections will frequently only last a few days, about 10-15% of viral infections will last 2 weeks or more before symptoms completely resolve. As long as your symptoms are steadily improving, there is no reason for concern.

If the sore throat does not continue to improve, then it would be appropriate to be seen to look for other conditons, such as allergies, but at this point it is not an issue.