Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My Dad is 82 years, he is got a situation which is putting

Customer Question

My Dad is 82 years, he is got a situation which is putting him down, the wound on his knee is not healing. He is having Anemia as well.
I need your urgent attention on this matter, if allowed to bring him there am more than willing'
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
You have posted this on a question and answer web site.
We do not provide care for patients through this service and do not have a facility to which you can bring your father.
We can only provide information in answer to questions.
Is that what you are seeking?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

What was the cause of the knee wound? Surgery? Injury? What type of syrgery or injury?
How long has it been present?
What type of anemia is present?

I had asked for some additional information and have not heard back, but this information may be very important to be able to suggest how he may be helped.

One of the primary concerns that can be addressed at home if a wound is not healing is to assure that there is adequate intake of nutrients, so it is important to be eating a healthy diet. As part of that, it is important to be eating plenty of protein, as the body needs protein to heal wounds.

It also would be important to address the anemia, both because the type of anemia may be an indication of a particular nutrient deficiency, but also because the red blood cells carry oxygen to the tissues, and optimal health of everything in the body is dependent upon an adequate supply of oxygen, and wound healing also will be helped by improving the anemia.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Right now he is in the hospital, the Dr says he has very few white blood cells and they cannot take him to theater. They gave him blood two times the third time he started hitching so they stopped. The rate at which white blood cell are developing is very slow according to the Dr. The Dr has very low hope. He has been in this condition for one month.

With a low white blood count, the other major concern would be if there is an infection of the wound, and it may necessary to use antibiotics.