Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have came on my today as expected but yesterday I

I have came on my period today as expected but yesterday I had sex and am not sure if he ejaculated inside me, he usually always pulls out in time but on this occasion he was not sure if he did on time and also I noticed something different..i dont usually leak any fluid after sex but about 30 minutes after sex and a long walk I had a bout of clear leakage in my knickers..I am not sure whether this indicates he did ejuculate inside me, should I take the Morning After Pill? OR is it really unlikely to falll pregannt from sex day before period.. I really do not feel well at the moment which a bad headcold, heavy period, sore throat, tummy upset so I did not really want to take it as already feel poorly BUT I really dont want to fall pregnant.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I will be glad to assist you today.

There is no need for you to take the morning after Pill at this point.

It is virtually impossible to get pregnant if having unprotected sex on day 27 of a 28 day cycle (the day before your period). Ovulation happens 14 days before the onset of a period, and having sex 13 days after ovulation is not going to result in a pregnancy.

The only reason that there is some hesitance in that statement is that on the day before your period, it is impossible to know whether you will truly be on schedule. Some women are more regular than others, but even in women that are more regular, there is a possibility that the period could be delayed. Whenever there is a delay in a period, it is because ovulation is delayed.

Therefore, if you had asked this same question yesterday after the intercourse, there would have been concern that the period may not come on time and it would be wise to take the morning after pill. But since you ask today, and it is known that your period was on time, then there is no concern about a delayed ovulation, and therefore, no reason to take the morning after pill.

If you have any further questions or need clarification, please let me know.