Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi! I am a 20 year old female. I have been having bother for

Hi! I am a 20 year old female. I have been having bother for 4 years now down below. Sexual intercourse for me is painful and now I can not have sexual intercourse at all. Inside my vagina is very sore. Have been treated over the years for any infection. Doctor tells me I have vulva vestibulitous and i curently take 75mg of amatriptoline which I feel is not working. I am so fed up with all of this. Just want to be normal! Any advice would be greatful!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--is the amitryptilene the only actual treatment you've had for this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes this is the only treatment ive had

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Kayleigh. All I can do is give you my suggestions and hopefully you can ask your doctors about them. I would use a combination of an estradiol and lidocaine vaginal cream applied three times a day for six weeks along with oral neurontin. Usually that takes care of the problem for many women