Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

why would i bleed after intercourse, this has just happened

why would i bleed after intercourse, this has just happened within the last few months. it seems to be just after my period
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I will be glad to assist you today.

The primary concern when a premenopausal woman has recurrent episodes of bleeding after intercourse is that there could be some form of infection, either of the cervix (cervicitis) or of the vagina (vaginitis).

There are a few other possible causes of such bleeding. It is also possible, although less likely, that there could be an abnormal growth causing the bleeding. Some women also may have vaginal dryness, so that the friction from sex could cause some bleeding.

Isolated episodes of bleeding after intercourse is usually not an issue, but if there is recurrent episodes, then it would be appropriate to be checked.

If you have any further questions or need clarification, please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

many thanks

You're welcome.