Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I have had my cholesterol test back and the doctor is really

I have had my cholesterol test back and the doctor is really pleased with it. But I am wondering how good it really is and should I be aiming to get any of the figures better?

Serum cholesterol. 2.7 mmol/L
LDL. 0.9
HDL. 1.5
Triglycerides. 0.6
HDL Total chol.ratio. 56%
Serum chol. HDL Ratio 1.80
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 3 years ago.

You have good results.

The advise is Cholesterol level less than 5,LDL less than 3.4, etc.

All your levels are within safe limits.

Good. Keep up with your diet and exercise. No need to worry about this, it is enough to maintain at these levels.

If the question has been answered to your satisfaction, you need to rate my service positively.

Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Bonus is always welcome Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti

Thank you for your positive rating to my answer.

I am very pleased that I was able to help you.

You may shortly receive an email survey to rate my services from JA. Please take the time to answer the survey with positive ratings for me, because the survey is actually very important for me on this JA site and your good ratings will help me immensely.

If you have any further questions, either on this issue or a different issue, I would be happy to help you. Just 'request' me or put 'For Dr. P. Jyoti only' at the beginning of your question so that I get to work with you again.

It was a great pleasure for me and JA to be able to help you.

JA has also started a new feature where you can add an expert to your list of favorite experts so that you can request them directly

I would be honored to be included in your list.

Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.