Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

What causes tingling of the face and in particular around the

Customer Question

What causes tingling of the face and in particular around the cheek and ear. this occurs 2 /3 times a day.
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 3 years ago.
This is likely to be Peripheral Neuropathy.

Peripheral Neuropathy occurs due to weakness of the nerves and gives rise to various sensations in the nerves. This can occur due to diabetes, thyroid disorders, stress, anxiety, aging, etc.

See your doctor for this and discuss about tests for this conditions.

Meanwhile, take a Multivitamin B capsule which can help in this. Also take Gatorade which can help with electrolyte imbalance. These two steps will help you control this.

But also discuss with your doctor.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.