Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

About 5 days ago I decided to pleasure myself anally with a

About 5 days ago I decided to pleasure myself anally with a lubricated carrot having never had anal intercourse. The carrot was about 1/2 inch thick and it went in about 3-4 inches. There was no pain. No part of the carrot is stuck in there.

A few days after and the area around my anus has become sore and irritated (it feels as if it is the skin around the anus which is inflamed but I'm not sure as it is hard to see). There is no pain on defecation and no blood in the stool.

Do you know what this might be?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--is there any redness or skin changes around you anus? What are you using to clean the area?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, the skin appears red and swollen. I am just using water to clean it and having a bath every night.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Tom. There's a slight possibility of an anal fissure (tear) here, but without much pain and no bleeding that isn't very likely. This sounds like a contact dermatitis, probably from the lubrication you used on the carrot. For now you can try either some cortisone cream or Preparation H to the area for a few days. If that doesn't clear things up, have a doctor look at this because you may have irritated a hemorrhoid down there. I don't think this is anything too serious