Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am a mother of 3 young girls and turning 30 this year, 20-30kg

Customer Question

I am a mother of 3 young girls and turning 30 this year, 20-30kg over weight with a Bmi of over 30!(156cm) I am really struggling to loose the weight, I have changed my diet eliminating sugar and a lot of fatty foods and trying my hardest to exercise daily but it just not budging!
A friend of mine told me to buy Garcinia Cambogia and Safer Colon that was promoted on an American show Dr Oz but I would like to know if it's Safe before I order it? Do you know anything about it? I don't want to be sucked into something that is not only bad for me but not going to work?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 3 years ago.

Dr. D.J. :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Dr. D.J. :

Hi there,

This is Dr. D.J., experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Garcinia can affect your liver and also slightly increases the bleeding risk.
Rarely, garcinia can cause lactic acidosis --which is excessive acid in the body affecting the heart.

But these side effects are not commonly observed at usual dosage.

The efficacy of garcinia is not really proven to cause significant weight loss.

However, individual experiences vary.

Still, you should not expect significant weight loss.

Usually the strict low calorie diet and exercises advised with the garcinia supplements do the trick of losing weight.

Hence, you can give it a try but do not expect any 'miracle'.

Dr. D.J. :

Best wishes,

JACUSTOMER-dhf8v570- : Expected more options as to what I could do I have been on a low calorie diet for the last 4 months and exercising every day with no results which results in ver low self esteem :(
JACUSTOMER-dhf8v570- : Sorry I didn't mean that to come across so rude I should have read it before I pressed reply
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Hi there.

Still need help?

The other expert opted out?
just click reply