Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

hi, my son is 8 yrs old with severe autism and pallister killian

Customer Question

hi, my son is 8 yrs old with severe autism and pallister killian syndrone, the last 5 days he has diarrhea just once a day in the evening and it is yellow, up till tonight when he has had it three times. because off his special needs its a big fight to give him water through a sringe as he will resist, but he does enjoy drinking tea with milk, he has no stomach pains no tempretures, his stomach does get big after food and passes wind a lot certainly the last 5 days. is it time to seek a doctor?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.

I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.

Diarrhea for five days worries me. I am more worried for he getting dehydrated {more fluid loss and less intake}. If I were you I would get him evaluated for dehydration and cause of the diarrhea. He may need intravenous fluid/ antibiotics.

Wish him well.

Best