Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I am now 53 and going through the menopause. I had an ovarian

Customer Question

I am now 53 and going through the menopause. I had an ovarian cyst removed in 2001 and a few years later during an operation to repair vaginal wall weakness and stress incontinence and a few other matters, a problem with endometriosis was discovered in one of my ovaries which had caused some adhesion to my bowel. The operation was not completed due to this discovery and after treatment with decopeptil, I had an endoscopy to find out whether there was any problem with my bowel and all was fine. I decided not to go ahead with any operation as I was no longer experiencing any problems and I apart from a slight worsening of the stress incontinence I do not have any current problem.
I am a little worried about the long term effect of endometriosis in my ovaries especially in relation to any possibility of ovarian cancer. I am taking HRT which has been very effective in treating depression. I would like to consider sorting out some of the issues, however my gynocologist is now semi retired and I dont think he is operating any longer.
I would appreciate any advice.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
First, you MUST have a gynecologist for exams and screenings.
You can not get that on line.
We answer questions
What is your exact question?
Please be specific