Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I am really worried about my mum. She has been suffering from

Customer Question

I am really worried about my mum. She has been suffering from depression for several years now. We have always known that she lies but it has just cone to light that her lies are way out of hand she has been telling everyone for months her husband is working away and that they are seperated but it turns out it is all lies she also worried most of the family last night saying that social services had rang and were going to take my kids but it is all lies. She never even admits she is lieing. We need help we know she isnt well but the doctors wont talk to us what can we do i really think she needs an assessment
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
continue search

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I am not sure what your question is for us?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what can we do if the gp will do nothing

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Ask for a referral to a psychologist or psychiatrist
Have you done this?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Simply use reply
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have asked several times for a psychiatrict assessment, they don't do anything about it. when i took her to the doctor last week, i agreed to wait in the hall andi heard the doctor say it was nice my mum was allowed out to play without us being with her. comments like that have now meant my mother has stopped taking her anti depressants and thinks it is the rest of us that need to be seen

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I have just reviewed all of your questions.
I will opt out for another expert to help you