Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am in my seventys last night while washing there dark to

I am in my seventys last night while washing there dark to light stains on my pants I thought one of those things, but this morning it was a different story it's like I started my periods again is this common or not should I go to the docters
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I will be glad to assist you today.

It is not normal to have bleeding after menopause. As a reflection of a disease process, it is fairly common, but that does not change that it is abnormal.

Any vaginal bleeding after menopause should be checked. Although there are several different possible causes of the bleeding, the primary concern is whether there is cancer in the uterus causing the bleeding. It also could be de to benign growths of the lining of the uterus or within the muscle layer of the uterus (called a fibroid) or an infection. However, it is a much greater concern that it could be cancer if the uterus.

Therefore, yes, you should go to your doctor. It is not something for which you need to be seen in A&E, but you should be seen soon in your doctor's office.

If you have any further questions or need clartification, please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much as it is much worse this morning Ihave had lung cancer and radio therapy I have more tests for that so I could be in big trouble thank you very much for your help
Fidelma
I hope that everything goes well, but it is important to first exclude cancer. If uterine cancer is found, it is generally far more successful to treat uterine cancer than lung cancer, although obviously nobody wants any kind of cancer. As with any type of cancer, early identification is key for successful treatment.

If I have answered your questions, please remember to provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.