Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I had 3 procedures done in June 2010 and was told it would

I had 3 procedures done in June 2010 and was told it would take at least 2 years for the full results. Now, 3.5 years later, I am unhappy with the results. Do I have any come back with the surgeon/company. If so, how should I approach them?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
What procedures did you have, what were your results, and why are you unhappy?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I had a tummy tuck, breast uplift and enhancement and also lower eye bag removal. I was happy with both the tummy tuck and the uplift, although I still have pain in my nipples occasionally - is this normal?

It is the lower eye bag removal that I am really unhappy with. I suffered from quite deep bags and puffy eyes when I was tired. My eyes actually look worse now than they did before. I still have the bags and although don't have the puffiness, I now have wrinkled excess skin which I didn't have before. I do not think enough excess skin was removed after the procedure, resulting in this wrinkled under eye area.

I look forward to hearing from you further.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello there.

Pain in the nipples or numbness is from nerve injury. This type of surgery requires extensive manipulation of the tissue so this injury is common and not avoidable.

The pain is likely to go away in time or at least diminish.

Most patients are happy after plastic surgery for eye bag removal. Sometimes it needs to be redone or done a second time. Consult with your surgeon on this. Be sure to also get a second opinion from a second surgeon

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have just called to arrange an appointment and they seem to be trying to say that I'm unhappy because I have aged in the past 3 years and it must have changed. At my 3 month follow up appointment, I was told it can take 2 years for a procedure to settle and full results to show - now they are saying that isn't the case. Before I go to the appointment with them, what are my rights please in this situation?

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately you do not really have any "rights". Plastic surgery is always an aesthetic procedure so results can be variable. It may be best to get a second opinion first prior to seeing your surgeon.