Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

4 weeks post anterior/posterior repair.bowel was nicked during

4 weeks post anterior/posterior repair.bowel was nicked during surgery so no mesh used. Had some bladder problems but resolving. Taking metamucil to keep me regular. Some days I have pain in my rectum that is debilitating. Have been using paracetamol and voltaren but this is wearing me down. Any suggestions re pain relief, seeing surgeon next week when he returns from leave.
Thank you Noela
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 3 years ago.

I can appreciate your frustration at this.

Pain following this complication can be very severe.

Paracetamol and Voltaren are not at all adequate for this pain.

You will need narcotic analgesics.

Tramadol, Fentanyl, Hydrocodone are some of the opioid analgesics that you should discuss with your doctor.

You can ask about using the Fentanyl patch which provides a constant pain relief.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.
Hello Noela,

Thank you for your positive rating to my answer.

I am very pleased that I was able to help you.

You may shortly receive an email survey to rate my services from JA. Please take the time to answer the survey with positive ratings for me, because the survey is actually very important for me on this JA site and your good ratings will help me immensely.

If you have any further questions, either on this issue or a different issue, I would be happy to help you. Just 'request' me or put 'For Dr. P. Jyoti only' at the beginning of your question so that I get to work with you again.

It was a great pleasure for me and JA to be able to help you.

JA has also started a new feature where you can add an expert to your list of favorite experts so that you can request them directly

I would be honored to be included in your list.

Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.