Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Hi, I am 28 years old, married and non pregnant female.

I am 28 years old, married and non pregnant female. I am experience some breakthrough bleeding, bleeding and pain during and after sex along with slight generalised abdominal and lower back pain. The bleeding does not follow any kind of a pattern and can vary between being dark brown to bright red. This has been going on for about 5 months. I do take and oral contraceptive pill and I have been very sure to take them exactly right the last five months. I have no other symptoms such as pain when urinating or unusual discharge. I do have an appointment with my GP in three days time but I am extremely worried and frightened. I have all upto cervical cancer screening tests and never experienced any other gyn problems. My worry has increased as over the pasty three days I have experienced vaginal bleeding after bowel movement (I'm 100% certain this was vaginal bleeding) I would more than gratful for any advice.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question.

Well, having such Abnormal vaginal bleeding along with slight abdomen and low back pain, have to be investigated by doctor.
Possible reasons, with such symptoms are-

1. Cervical polyps- These are fingerlike growths on the lower part of the uterus. It would cause Abnormal vaginal bleeding and bleeding may occur after- intercourse, after passing bowel, Between periods, After douching.
2. Cervicitis
3. Erosion
4. Infection
5. Endometrial Hyperplasia- It is overgrowth of the lining of the uterus, it is benign in nature.
Last possibility could be Polycystic ovary syndrome.

As you have already gone for cervical cancer screening tests, so there is no reason to get panic for such serious cause.

You would need a clinical examination, An ultrasound assessment , Blood work, Pap smear for precise diagnosis.

I would recommend that you visit your Gynecologist for clinical evaluation and get it managed.

I wish for your good health.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.