Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I am 34years old man. I have cervical spondylitis. I am suffering

I am 34years old man. I have cervical spondylitis. I am suffering pains on my left side of neck and shoulder also. Some times I have feeling head falling symptoms. but just feeling only. Last 4 months I am travelling min. 4 hours on morning and evening. my problems started after this.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-

Have you tried any medications or have gone for any therapy for this condition?
How long back you were diagnosed, with this condition?
Do you get neck pain and and stiffness?
Do you have Grinding and popping sound/feeling in neck with movement?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, 2 years back.
Yes, I have neck pain and stiffness. That's same sound have when the movement of neck.
Dear Customer,
Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.

Well, Cervical Spondylitis is characterized by inflammation of the spine.
It typically happens between the ages of 20 and 40.
Such condition, can also re-occur.

Yes, excess of travelling can also has again aggravateed this condition.

Further, As the disease progresses, the inflammation may spread to other parts of the body, such as the joints between the ribs and the spine, hip joints, shoulder joints, and knee joints.

This condition, would sometimes get worsened by looking up or down for a long time, or with activities such as driving or reading a book. It also feels better with rest or lying down.

Associated pain and weakness in Neck and Numbness and weakness in arms, hands, and fingers is part of this condition. Also, one may feel Trouble walking, loss of balance and headache.

You would be advised Nonsurgical Treatment to cure such symptoms, It includes-

1.Physical therapy- Therapist can advise cervical (neck) traction and posture therapy . Also Strengthening and stretching weakened or strained muscles would be helpful. It is usually advised for 6-8 weeks.

2.Use of medications like- Acetaminophen and Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like ibuprofen and and naproxen would be helpful. Doctor can also advise for Muscle relaxants such as cyclobenzaprine or carisoprodol.

3.Soft Collars would also be helpful, It would limit neck motion and allow the muscles of the neck to rest.

4.In case, symptoms don't improve with above treatment then, Steroid-Based Injections can also be given. A short course of oral corticosteroids may also help reduce swelling.

5.You need to apply ice packs on cervical spine for 10-15 minutes and it can be done 3-4 times a day

Most likely with above treatment you would feel better in next
1-2 weeks.

I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor and and get it managed.
I hope this helps.

I wish for your good health.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.