Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Hello there 5 months ago I underwent decompression of the

Customer Question

Hello there
5 months ago I underwent decompression of the lumbar region and non instrumental fusion. It has been slow but steady recovery,. Erecently ihave had piercing pain down the left side the one afflicted the worst. I rest and it improves but it is getting more frequent,. Does it mean that the stenosis is coming back. I. Have been. More and more as I. Was getting stronger
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

I am sorry you are having more piercing pain down your left lower back into your left leg.

Dr. David :

you could be developing scar tissue in the area of prior back surgery which can put pressure on the nerves there and cause a return of stenosis and pressure on the nerves.

Dr. David :

you might need to go back to your surgeons and ask for an MRI scan of your lumbar region to check for scar tissue and inflammation of the nerves and nerve root compression again.

JACUSTOMER-05xwb7vk- : Can I do smth to help that from developing
Dr. David :

there is not much you can do to prevent scar tissue formation in the area of prior surgery.

Dr. David :

ask for a follow up MRI scan of the lumbar and sacral spine with contrast to see if anything new can be seen

Dr. David :

have you had an MRI scan recently?