Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Ive been had an oparation cause of placentre still in me from

I've been had an oparation cause of placentre still in me from childbirth , went for a scan Monday n it's still showing I have a bit of placentre I'm having pains now n again n bleeding but it slowing down I'm I ok?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

No you are not okay.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Should talk to your doctor again.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Have you done that?

Customer: I haven't been to the doctors , I had my baby October 13 in October 31st began to lose lot of blood went hospital they scan me and there was placentre in me they oparted and didn't want to see me again , 3weeks ago I was getting pain it was getting worse so went hospital and I was infected I had to stay in they scan me the next day n I still had placentre in me 12cm , I had a oparation n then they wanted to see me for a scan which I had to chase up , Monday went for internal n I have a sis on my left ovary n plan centra in me. 2cm but an other doctors saying it isn't , I went bk in cause I was having pains n they said there not worried cause I wasn't bleeding n there's just a small bit left , I'm having a camera to see what's goin on but now I'm bleed ending but it's not a peroid it's fresh thin blood n I'm gettin sharp pains now n again
Customer: Did u get my questin
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes I did

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that they are doing the right thing.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

By right thing I mean you are scheduled for a camera test.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Which is the right thing to do.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If there is something there they will biopsy it.

Customer: You think ? I'm fed up with keep goin bk to hospital this shouldn't be happening had an oparation twice n I have still placentre in me it's been goin on for 4months now , I've still got pains n bleeding n I'm scared don't know what to do
Dr. Shahzad MD :

You will not require another operation trust me.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If they find anything during the camera test they will remove it there and then.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So they will not operate on you anymore.

Customer: I'm tired if all of it , they should of scaned me in the first place cause there was a lot of placentre in me , shudnt of they known after birth I was bleeding a lot n my uterus was commin down slowly, surely if they had scaned me first time they could of put a camera to get the rest out, instead they discharged me will I get an infection when I have the camera n will it hurt cause I want to be awake?
Customer: What if they can't get it out?
Dr. Shahzad MD :

I understand your frustration. I would have felt the same way.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

There have been mistakes by your doctor and I agree to what you think.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

They will give you a local anaesthesia and I am pretty sure you should not hurt.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

They will be able to get it out if its small.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I know there are lots of negatives going in your mind since you have suffered a lot.

Customer: They told me if it hurts they will but me under, they are not concerned about me cause I wasn't bleeding but now I am but fed up keep goin bk there , I've had diff doctors n this one says it's been goin on to long , just want to know why it's been goin on so long , a nurse says it's common but I don't think it it is havin 2oparations n the 3time still there
Dr. Shahzad MD :

It should not have been there after surgery.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I agree with what you are saying.

Customer: The camera they wanted to see me 3to 4weeks but cause I went bk in had enough they have brought it forward to wednesday
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Ok thats good for you. Hopefully this time around would be your final time going back.

Customer: Why is there sum thing there then? It should of gone first time but when I seen the scan the 2nd time it was 12cm , the first time there was a lot but they didn't show me the scan , they said it was common is this right ? They should of known if there was a lot in there
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Its not as common as they have told you it is.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

They should have kept you well informed all the way.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I totally agree with how you feel.

Customer: They haven't they said this is normal I don't know if I was commin or going with them , they let me go after the first time n didn't want to scan me but cause it happened the second time they wanted me in for a scan n one doctor aploised to me n said I didn't oparate on you did I , n this doctor when I went for the scan wanted to have a look by camera , I have a sis to now n worried bout that
Customer: I have had different doctors and one didn't know what I had happened n I had to tell him n he didn't me notes
Dr. Shahzad MD :

A small cyst in the ovary is very common and not something to worry about. The only thing that needs to be taken care of is the removal of the small bit of placenta that is left.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that this time should be your final time with your doctors and you should be okay.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I understand its really tough for you but try your level best to relax as much as you can.

Customer: I thought that the first time but then I had to go bk for an another op 3weeks ago there not telling me much , how come it's took this long n still there while I have oparations
Dr. Shahzad MD :

There must have been a mistake in that they did not make sure they removed it completely.

Customer: What do I mean by the mistake surely by having the ops it should be out why did they let me go after n didn't want to see me again
Dr. Shahzad MD :

I do not think that they will clearly accept their mistake in that they left some part in you which is still there.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

They should have followed up and did a scan on you after the operation

Customer: That's what I thought n the second time they wanted to scan me but I had to chase it up I think they forgot , they don't think it's important that have a bit in there , will this make me infertile? Just want to spend my time with my child now ,
Dr. Shahzad MD :

No this will not make you infertile

Dr. Shahzad MD :

any more questions?

Customer: Someone told me it wud , cause this has been inside of me for 4montys will I have problems? Now again I get pains like I'm contracting but not strong just sharp? What if they can't get the small bit after? Do I put complaint in ?
Dr. Shahzad MD :

No it will not make you infertile, trust me on this.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

They will be able to get out the small bit this time, if they cant then you can put in a complaint yes.

Customer: Cause I'm stressing I keep itching me left arm in its come has red lumps n bleeding when itch
Dr. Shahzad MD :

I understand its tough.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Any more questions?

Customer: Can't I put in a complaint what they've done to me anyway ? Will I get an infection with the camera?
Dr. Shahzad MD :

With good aseptic measures infections are rare but still a possibility yes.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You can still put in a complaint yes.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

any more questions?

Customer: Can u send me the last message lost the message
Dr. Shahzad MD :

5:38 AM

You can still put in a complaint yes.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Did you get it now?

Customer: Yes I did I keep getting sharp pains at the stop of my stomach will I be ok?
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes you will be okay,

Dr. Shahzad MD :

These pains should be gone after the bit is removed.

Customer: Ok thank u
Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Take care
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below. I hope I provided excellent services.
Good bye :)

Customer: I will hope the pains go
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes I hope and pray too.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

good bye and best of luck :)