DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Can you help me with a very itchy scalp problem that I have

Can you help me with a very itchy scalp problem that I have been suffering with for 10 weeks now. Dr does not seem to know the answer and says it is anxiety and stress how can I get it checked outk
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Is there any rash
What shampoos?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Reply,
Dr. cannot see a rash on head but still very itchy. Rash has now extended to back (top and bottom), left breast and arms. It looks like small pinpricks on a red background. I can't remember all shampoos but I have tried a dandruff shampoo, teatree, baby shampoo and at the moment am trying t-gel shampoo which isn't doing any good. please help, I', desperate. Kathleen

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
When it is this extensive it sounds like allergy.

What type of doctor are you seeing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Reply,
I have been seeing my GP for 3 months with this problem and his diagnosis is "nerves". Yesterday (Friday) I had an appointment with a private dermatologist at a private clinic who diagnosed Dermatitis and gave me all sorts of ointments etc. She also wrote me a letter to give to my GP to make an appointment for me to go to Kings Mill Hospital for skin tests. At last I feel that something is being done - here's hoping.

Cheers, Kathleen

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
If the dermatologist has no diagnosis, ask for a sample to be sent to the lab; this will identify at least the class of the disease, autoimmune, allergic, infectious etc.

Just using a bunch of creams without a diagnosis is not optimal.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.