Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

i have a white thick and look like cottage discharge and abdominal

Customer Question

i have a white thick and look like cottage discharge and abdominal pain.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--have you had either a pelvic sonogram or ct scan for this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no. I only had a swab test and cervical smear.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Phoebe. You need a one to three day course of oral diflucan--one a day--to get rid of what seems obviously to be a yeast infection despite the cultures. I worry a bit, though, about the abdominal pain since you may have pelvic inflammatory disease--an infection of the tubes and ovaries--so I would also get a pelvic ultrasound to check for that since if that's the case you'd also need a course of Septra or Cipro to cover that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Even though, my yeast test is negative? The 1-3 days oral diflucan, is it the " Fluconazole (150mg) tablet" oral anti fungal treatment? So, I should have 1/2/3 days treatments would be the best?

Apart from that, I know what is Pelvic ultrasound but not sure what is "a course of Septra or Cipro". May I have more information about that and I could let me GP(doctor) knows. Thanks a lot.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Yes, even if the culture is negative. Usually just one day of the Diflucan is sufficient but in your case I'd consider three days. For pelvic inflammatory disease I'd give you two weeks of either 500mg of Cipro twice a day or one tablet of Septra twice a day (Septra only comes in one strength). Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Dr Chip will do the rating in mins.

Last question, according to my symptom, do you think I will have chance to have a Group B streptococcal. I had this problem 3 yrs before (i was not Pregnancy on that time and neither now). And also, , do i need to have a Pelvic ultrasound from my GP and then to have the pelvic treatment? Im afraid the Cipro/ Septra needs a prescription.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
I don't think this is group B streptococcal Phoebe and it may just be a simple as yet untreated yeast infection, so if the diflucan clears it all up, no need for the ultrasound or the antibiotics. Talk to your GP about this
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have been to a pharmacy to buy the oral Fluconazole in 150mg per capsule. But the pharmacist needs to confirm how many mg of Fluconazole per capsule, She said the dose of 3 days Fluconazoleper 150mg is too much. She said Fluconazole has a 50mg revision. Many thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi again--then you need to just take one dose of 150 mg