Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Can i use an antibiotic for the itchy sore skin all over my

Can i use an antibiotic for the itchy sore skin all over my pubic area? Tried antihistamines and creams but nothing works.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.

Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question. I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions

.First I need a little more information

Since how long you have this itchy sore skin on pubic area?

Any vaginal discharge?

Are you sexually active?

Is there any recent history of shaving the pubic hair?

I am waiting for your reply

Kind Regards,

Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had the itching for about 16 months, been to the dr's numerous times. No vaginal discharge, i am sexually active but to be honest not very often as i have no interest because of the sore skin, i have a very patient husband.

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.
I am happy to help you.

The symptoms you have described about the itchy sore skin all over your pubic area since last 16 months sounds of fungal infection.

Typically the pubic becomes itchy and irritable, mainly in the crease between the top of the leg and the genitals.There can be super added bacterial infection.

Apply ointment containing clotrimazole + betamethasone.
It is available at the counter without the prescription.Apply the cream to the surrounding 4-6 cm of normal skin in addition to the sore/itching area.

Also you may need oral anti fungal medication like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox).Also check your blood sugar levels.Keep your genital area clean and dry.Avoid undergarments made from synthetic materials.

If still after this,your symptoms persists,then you need a test of swabbing the skin, then sending it to a laboratory for bacterial and fungal cultures that will confirm the exact cause of infection.

Oral antibiotics or oral anti fungal medications can then be prescribed accordingly.

So botXXXXX XXXXXne is most likely your symptoms are due to fungal infection &along with super added bacterial infection.Apply above described ointment.This will help greatly to provide you relief from itching & soreness.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Hi JA customer
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you applied the ointment?
Do you still have the itching?

Let me know,
Dr.Robert