DrHelen
DrHelen, Doctor
Experience:  UK Family doctor with special interest in Palliative Medicine
74902962

my smells and when i need to go to the toilet i need

Customer Question

my vagina smells and when i need to go to the toilet i need to go straight away i have a few warts on the edge of my vagina then white like blisters form then burst what are they they do not hurt or itch but the blisters come back all the time and would i be able to have surgery on them i am 62 years old
Expert:  DrHelen replied 3 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr Helen, a UK doctor.

From your symptoms it sounds like you may have an infection affecting the vagina and the surrounding area.

Warts around the vaginal area can be frozen off but this needs to be done by a doctor. The kind of wart cream you buy over the counter won't work as this is only designed for warts on the hands.
The blisters you describe could be related to the herpes virus (the same virus that causes cold sores) and if this is the case you may need some antiviral medications for them.

It is essential you have a full check up for this where swabs can be taken to ascertain exactly what the infection is and the correct treatment started.

Your GP can do this for you or, if you prefer, you can go your local sexual health clinic instead.

This website will help you find your nearest one:

http://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/Sexual-health-information-and-support/LocationSearch/734

All the best.

I joined JustAnswer in June 2013 and am a UK doctor. I have been qualified for 23 years and have widespread experience in GP and cancer care.