Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have two solid type lumps under the skin which have had for

I have two solid type lumps under the skin which have had for a while. They keep slowly getting bigger and when i try to squeeze them only a bit of fluid/puss comes out of them. What are they and what is the solution?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--how long have you had them and where are they located? What exactly does the fluid look like?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For about the last 6 or so months. One is located behind my ear and the other is on the side of my penis. The fluid is mainly clear.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Does the fluid ever look a little like cottage cheese Pete? And how large are they now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes they do occasionally. The one behind my ear is about the size of a pea and the other is about the same size.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Pete. These sound like sebaceous cysts--clogged oil glands and as the trapped oil sits there it takes on the look and the consistency of cottage cheese. Nothing serious here but these rarely disappear on their own and nothing topical works on them. Even if you could squeeze all of the material inside out of them, they'll just clog up and refill. If they're bothersome to you, you need to see a dermatologist who can excise them under local anesthesia--the only cure is to cut the cyst completely out
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. Thank you for your time.

Really appreciate it.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
My pleasure but let me know how it goes and remember to rate my service to you