DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi, recently went to the doctor with these symptoms: rumbling

Hi, recently went to the doctor with these symptoms: rumbling in stomach, hungry all the time, bloating and gas and slight dizziness. The doctor diagnosed acid reflux and Omeprozale pills. Having never had this problem before I researched acid reflux and one of the most common symptoms seemed to be heartburn and acid coming up the throat which I don't have. Also I didn't want to take the medication as I read it can make things worse in the long run and may have to take the pills for life. I changed my diet slightly and no longer wake up with intense hunger. The problem is during the day it can rumble after eating and now I have a constant pain in my stomach, almost like a stitch feeling and more bloating. What could be causing this? Is acid reflux the right diagnosis?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.

I am Doctor Thomas, double board certified doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine. I will start by asking you a question or by giving you an answer based on your information provided so far. I will be here to follow up with any further questions or concerns you might have.

You have to take the pills for 3 to 6 weeks to see if there is a response.
That is the only way to tell if his diagnosis is correct, other than having a scope.

Yes acid stomach, or acid reflux can cause all these symptoms.

Many people to not have the common symptoms.
Many people have no symptoms.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [Click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do the pills cure the reflux after stopping?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Sometimes yes, and sometimes now.
By themselves, usually not.
Conventional medicine dose not have a lot to add in this respect.

Please do not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What are the other options I would have?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
That gets into an extensive new question, and you can always find me by request for integrative medicine questions, as I am board certified in internal medicine and in integrative medicine.

However, to answer your current questions.

Diet
Weight loss as indicated.
To the medical treatment I add somatic therapy to correct body problems, there are lots of choices...from osteopathic manipulation to chiropractic. These do well in combination with acupunture.

This is one of a number of approaches I have found effective.
Please do not forget a positive rating.