Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Frequent masturbation even though I am over seventy. Wife no

Customer Question

Frequent masturbation even though I am over seventy. Wife no longer very interested in vaginal intercourse. should I be worried?
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 3 years ago.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Hello would you like to chat on this? Please type into your message box and press 'enter' or 'reply' to send the message so that we can have a live chat.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Do you take any medications? any medical condition?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Please type your response and press 'enter' or 'reply' to send your message so that we can chat.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

would you like to chat on this?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

You can type in the window and press enter or reply to send your message

Customer:

No, I was on a very low dose of Statins but this has, with medical approval been discontinued. I need to take ant acid tablets from time to time but that is about it.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

well, in that case there is nothing at all to worry about this

Dr. P. Jyoti :

a good libido at your age is a sign of good health

Dr. P. Jyoti :

dont worry about this at all

Dr. P. Jyoti :

if anything, you should feel good about it!

Dr. P. Jyoti :

masturbation, just like sex, is habit forming

Dr. P. Jyoti :

its a do it or lose it activity

Dr. P. Jyoti :

because you indulge in it you continue to have a tendency for it

Dr. P. Jyoti :

you can continue with it as long as you enjoy it and do not cause any distress to yourself or others

Dr. P. Jyoti :

no harm physically

Dr. P. Jyoti :

but habit forming as i said

Dr. P. Jyoti :

sometimes in dementia also there may be increase of libido

Dr. P. Jyoti :

but obviously this does not apply to you since you are in good enough mental condition to consider this situation

Dr. P. Jyoti :

take care and dont worry about this

Dr. P. Jyoti :

If the question has been answered to your satisfaction, you need to rate my service positively.

Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Bonus is always welcome Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer:

If it helps the frequency of the masturbations tend to be 2 or 3 times a week.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

well thats quite all right

Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Hello Brian,

Thank you for your positive rating to my answer.

I am very pleased that I was able to help you.

You may shortly receive an email survey to rate my services from JA. Please take the time to answer the survey with positive ratings for me, because the survey is actually very important for me on this JA site and your good ratings will help me immensely.

If you have any further questions, either on this issue or a different issue, I would be happy to help you. Just 'request' me or put 'For Dr. P. Jyoti only' at the beginning of your question so that I get to work with you again.

It was a great pleasure for me and JA to be able to help you.

JA has also started a new feature where you can add an expert to your list of favorite experts so that you can request them directly

I would be honored to be included in your list.

Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.