Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

hi,i stopped my family planning in April 2013 which was every

Customer Question

hi,i stopped my family planning in April 2013 which was every two months injection and before i stopped i was not menstruating so presently i have been menstruating since December 2013 till now and it has not stop,i was wondering what is wrong. Kindly help,seriously worried!
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 3 years ago.
Excessive menses is called menorrhagia. A single or few episodes of heavy menses is very common and most women go through such episodes at one time or the other. It can be due to a number of causes:
Hormonal imbalance:
*Adolescence
*Pre-menopausal
* Stress
* Weight gain/loss
Uterine Fibroid tumours
Cervical polyps
Endometrial polyps
Lupus
Pelvic Inflammaotory Diseases (PID)
Bleeding disorders - due to use of aspirin or other drugs.

Any menses which last for more than 10 days requires a medical checkup. There could be different causes, but the doctor would need to do a physical exam and a thorough investigation. They can do several things to help you stop bleeding so heavily--medications, D & C, endometrial ablation, to name a few. The best approach for you is to approach a gynaecologist.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Is there any further information that you need? Please do write if you wanted to know something more.

Do write back to me if you have any follow up questions,

Dr. P. Jyoti

Dr. P. Jyoti