Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Im A 53 year old man and i have been having bouts of extream

Im A 53 year old man and i have been having bouts of extream tiredness , also Iv been getting a very itchy scrotum and slight dizzyness. can tou help.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Since how long do you have these symptoms?
Does tiredness,itching in scrotum & dizziness started at the same time?
Do you have any known medical illness?

I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had them for about 4months .the tiredness seems to be most of the time ,the itching is alot worse at night and the dizziness comes and goes fairly regulary.

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

Tiredness/fatigue can be due to various causes.Most common one are: hypothyroidism, sleep apnea and narcolepsy, major depressive disorders, chronic mononucleosis,depression, bipolar affective disorders & lot more.You need a series of tests & examination to know the underlying cause & hence the treatment accordingly.

The most common cause of itching on scrotum is simply irritation of the skin from moisture and chafing from clothing.

Fungal infections of the groin, called tinea cruris or jock itch, are also very common - fungus tends to grow well in moist, dark places, such as the skin of the groin or testicles.

Severe itching at night is a typical symptom of fungal infection.

Apply ointment containing clotrimazole+betamethasone.It is available at the counter without the prescription.Apply the cream to the surrounding 4-6 cm of normal skin in addition to the rash/itching area.

If still the symptoms persists then you need oral anti fungal medication like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox).Also check your blood sugar levels.Keep your genital area clean and dry.

Problems in the inner ear are the most frequent cause of dizziness.When fluid volume or pressure in one inner ear changes, information about balance is altered.This causes sending of wrong messages to the brain about your body's position.This result in vertigo and dizziness.Another possibility can be the changes in blood pressure.

You need to consult an ENT doctor regarding this for tests & examination so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Hi JA customer
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you applied the ointment I described?
Have you consulted the ENT doctor?

Let me know,
Dr.Robert