Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Is it safe to have a CT scan colonogram with contrast, when

Is it safe to have a CT scan colonogram with contrast, when you have systemic lupus?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Do you have any diagnosed kidney disease? Are your renal function tests normal? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. No kidney disease. Renal function tests are normal.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Susan thanks a lot for your input. The contrast used for these tests are excreted by kidneys. They are contraindicated in patients with abnormal kidney function tests or known kidney diseases. Since you have normal kidney function tests and no renal disease, you can go for CT colangiogram with contrast safely even in the presence of lupus. I wish you all the best for the test and its results. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help