DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My wife is suffering with icey cold legs above the knees.although

My wife is suffering with icey cold legs above the knees.although she says she feels warm I can see she is shacking with the cold. Her legs hurt above the knees, but the worse pain is in the lower parts of her legs. Its not to bad first thing in the morning, but by the afternoon, she has a job to walk, and getting upstairs to bed is painful.The top of her legs this evening are a mottled blue colour, she has been to our doctor severial times but has only been given cetirizine. Iam worried that this is bad, and will have an affect on her long term heath. She has allready had cancer and has had part of one kidney removed, and nearly died Iam worried that this if its bad blood circulation might cause her more harm.
Thank you Richard
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Yes
Take her in
It can be bad arteries in the legs or the pelvis.
That can be serious.
It can be from autoimmune disease or thyroid disease.
These can be checked with blood tests.

I would not wait on this.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.