DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I had a anterior cervical disectomy in November, over the last

I had a anterior cervical disectomy in November, over the last few days I have developed an itch on the back of my head which when I scratch I cannot satisfy or find! I also have Achondroplasia Dwarfism
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Clearly this can be irritation of the cervical nerves from the spinal problem.
This might be of now consequence, but needs to be examined and a follow up MRI after surgery should be considered now, looking particularly at the posterior spine.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you very much for your reply, I have booked an appointment with my GP for this afternoon. I am due to have an MRI scan on the 29th April but am a little concerned that these symptons are serious and I should maybe be seen sooner! I shall see what my GP says, but Thankyou again for your reply.
Katie
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I agree that you should move up the MRI if possible.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [Click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.