Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Hi, i have a disk desiccation and mill loss of disk hight in

Customer Question

Hi, i have a disk desiccation and mill loss of disk hight in c5-6
Its giving me too much pain and i am only 28... I don't know how i get it.. Is there are ab cure to solve it .. It cause sever stiffness in my right shoulder and neck... What can i do :'(
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 2 years ago.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Hello would you like to chat on this? Please type into your message box and press 'enter' or 'reply' to send the message so that we can have a live chat.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Is there any pain?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Please type your response and press 'enter' or 'reply' to send your message so that we can chat.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

hello I was trying to chat live with you but this does not seem to be working. I am now switching to the Q&A mode. Please hold on while I type out your answer. Do not rate now though the system may prompt you. I will be back with your answer in a couple of minutes.

JACUSTOMER-lqjf31ve- : Hi
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, there is sever pain when i move my neck up and down or right side... Pain in my right side arm ... Also i feel pain some time when i swallow ... Not sure what go do :(
Hello Hadel,

Sorry to hear about your problem.

Cervical disc lesion in the young can occur due to genetic susceptibility, vocation such as working on the computer for long hours, bad posture such as those who do a lot of biking, etc.

Steps of treatment for cervical disc lesion are:

Exercise: exercise is the most effective remedy for this in the early stages. Continue with your physiotherapy - this is the best treatment for you.
Heat: deep heat therapy with ultrasound which is availabe with pysiotherpists is most effective for pain and stiffness.
Medications: pain killers like NSAIDS, narcotic analgesics, amitryptiline, etc. are used to control the pain.
Steroid injections: steroid injections are given at the site of the lesion which will give relief from pain and stiffness.
Traction: traction is sometimes used for which your doctor can advise you.
Pain pump: Intrathecal pain pump can be used for severe pain though not indicated for you.
Surgery: surgery of the spine is the final option for this which may be needed at a later stage.

Besides this, you also need to take steps like vocational changes, firmer mattress, avoid too high pillows - use a memory foam pillow, avoid lifting heavy weights, avoid bending forward too much. A good physiotherpaist can advise you on this.

You should consult your doctor for this. If your pain is severe, you need to be examined by a doctor who can advise you further and also do any investigations needed like MRI. Best to consult a Neurologist or an Orthopedician for this. Ask about cervical disc lesions.

Take care - discuss these steps of treatment with your doctor so that you get the optimal treatment.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.