Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

RASH? STI? NORMAL?

I'm not sure if I have rash on my penis glands or whether it's the normal colouration. It's more prominent after hot shower. Doesn't itch and isn't painful. Also very red around the meatus (terrible name for such a thing), looks like red lips around it. STI? Also is that wart or circmusion bump scar? Thanks

3rd and 4th pics after shower, much redder.

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
It will help if you could provide some further information:
These images did not show the meatus well.
Could you include an image of the redness of the meatus?
Has this bump always been there?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes i think bump has always been there, seemed more prominent now though.

no discharge, no pain in urination, no itch etc. but it's unsightly and provokes fears of STD's.

thanks

Thank you for the additional information and images.

The colouration of the glans and the minor redness around the meatus are not worrisome. These are within the normal colour variation that can exist on the penis. It may be more noticeable when the moisture level of the skin varies, and using a moisturising cream may make it less noticeable, but it is not necessary to do so.

The bump does not look like an STD. It does look more like a scar, and the fact that it has always been there supports that it is a scar. It cannot be determined from the image that it is a residual from a circumcision, and it could have developed in response to minor trauma. Although it cannot be said exactly where it came from, it certainly is not worrisome for an STD.

If you have any further questions or need clarification, please let me know.