DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

need to regularly especially at night, pain when urinating,

need to urinate regularly especially at night, pain when urinating, mainly in the top of the penis, rate of flow various from a trickle to very strong.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Have you seen a urologist
If so what did he say about your prostate
Have you had an ultrasound?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i saw a urologist several years ago and he performed a digital exam of prostrate, all fine. had ultrasound and flow test followed by procedure to clear any blockage, got little relief for a short time, it has been giving me trouble ever since. as i say that was several years ago. it was my GP who thought it may be an infection but as i say the lab results were indecisive and the follow up test was infection clear, but symptoms continue, just put off going back . some days it is ok then it flares up again.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It is prostate without a doubt with this type of chronicity.
I would suggest an ultrasound of the prostate and a return visit to the urologist.

If it turns out that it is not prostate, then you need a cystoscopy, a scope into the bladder to look at the urethra and bladder, and rule out stricture or bladder lesion.

I would not simply wait this out any longer.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.