Dr. Monica
Dr. Monica, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced U.S. Primary Care Physician treating children, adults, pregnant women, and the elderly.
25897591

I scored 49/50 for autism test with private psychiatrist on

Customer Question

I scored 49/50 for autism test with private psychiatrist on Harley St who also tested me 33/40 high functioning for narcissism yet my G.P refuses to believe I have autism. I know I have from my life history. How can I get a proper diagnosis ?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Monica replied 3 years ago.
Hello-

Please ask your GP to refer you to a neuropsychologist that specializes in autism spectrum disorders. They will be able to do testing and give you a definitive diagnosis. I am not sure how you will benefit from the diagnosis other than knowing for your own sake, unless you also test low for IQ or other cognitive levels that would give you the ability to access resources designed for autistic or other developmental disorders. Usually this information is necessary and helpful if the person is still in school or needing helpful accommodations for taking tests, learning, work, etc.

Hope this helps.s