Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

i had a dental extraction on 14 Feb 2014, at which point the

i had a dental extraction on 14 Feb 2014, at which point the dentist commenced me on metronidazole 400gs twice daily for 5 days and voltarol retard which I have stopped as I have no pain. Since commencing the antibiotics i have noticed my urine is very dark in colour but usual volume no odour pain on peeing, is this a side effect of the metronidazole? please can you advise
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I can understand your concern due to dark urine.
I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions:

Yes,dark urine is a side effect of metronidazole which your dentist has prescribed.

Metronidazole (flagyl) may cause dark urine in some patients. This is temporary and will go away when you will stop taking this medicine after 5 days as prescribed.

This side effect won't cause any problems,so I advise you to take metronidazole 400 mg twice daily for 5 days as prescribed.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Many thanks Dr Robert for your speedy response and assistance, i feel greatly reassured. I have rated my experience as requested and and take this opportunity to wish you a pleasant weekend

Catherine
Dear customer
Thank you for the so kind words of appreciation.

Thank you for using just answer website.Please feel free to come back if you have any health related issues.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert