Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Hi There, I wonder if you can help. In the last week I have

Hi There, I wonder if you can help. In the last week I have been sick with flue but in the last 3 day I have been trough hell, day 3 diarrhea like I have never had in my life , still flu symptoms plus temperatures. day 2 temperature , chills , pain everywhere in my muscle in particular the bottom part of my back, and I kept getting cramps that didn't stop all day, then I went to the toilet and the stool was black with some grey on it, the pain in my head is constant that without paracetamol I couldn't have done it. Also about 10 pm I had to call an ambulance because I was in so much pain in my chest and I couldn't breath properly I was feeling like I was about to pass out. They told that it was gonna take 45 minutes then called me again saying they were to busy and if its was possible for me to go to the hospital instead which i did not. Today just woke up and the bed is completely soaked again like yesterday I went to the bathroom and my pee is burning and it feels like there is more in there. I really don't know what to do. Do you have any suggestions ?
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 2 years ago.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Hello would you like to chat on this? Please type into your message box and press 'enter' or 'reply' to send the message so that we can have a live chat.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

is your urine yellow or orange?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Please type your response and press 'enter' or 'reply' to send your message so that we can chat.

Customer:

it has been brown ish orange for the last 3 days, today it seems yellow but burns so much

Dr. P. Jyoti :

hello

Dr. P. Jyoti :

this is something which needs to be taken very seriously

Dr. P. Jyoti :

you did the right thing by calling the ambulance

Dr. P. Jyoti :

they were deficient in not coming to you

Dr. P. Jyoti :

however you now need to go to the ER urgently

Dr. P. Jyoti :

you are in a dehydrated stage and that is causing all your problems

Dr. P. Jyoti :

you are having multiple problems from the diarrhea

Dr. P. Jyoti :

dehydration is the most important one

Dr. P. Jyoti :

the black stool could also indicate bleeding in the intestines, though it may also be from bismuth if you are taking it

Dr. P. Jyoti :

in addition the cramps are another reason you should seek medical attention

Dr. P. Jyoti :

the combination of all these symptoms make it necessary that you should go to the ER immediately

Dr. P. Jyoti :

this is most important for you

Dr. P. Jyoti :

go to the ER for this

Dr. P. Jyoti :

meanwhile take care to have a lot of fluids including water, fruit juice and electrolyte fluids like Gatorade which are most important for this

Dr. P. Jyoti :

take care

Dr. P. Jyoti :

If the question has been answered to your satisfaction, you need to rate my service positively.

Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Bonus is always welcome Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer:

ok i will go now. thanks very much

Dr. P. Jyoti :

do you have any further questions?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

glad to help

Dr. P. Jyoti :

You now need to give a rating if the answer has satisfied you and you have no more questions.
We are paid only when a positive rating is given.

Customer:

ok i will

Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.