Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552
Medical

Hi this morning while having I felt a sharp pain and looked

Hi this morning while having... Show More
Hi this morning while having sex I felt a sharp pain and looked down to c lots of blood I think I've ripped the base of my banjo string on my penis I've left it alone and the bleeding had stopped but curious to c the damage I pulled my foreskin back now it is bleeding again after reading many websites telling me to leave alone it will heal I wanted to check with yourself instead of the embarrassing trip to the doctors
Show Less
replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

welcome

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So your frenulum of penis is broken?

Customer: Yes
Dr. Shahzad MD :

is it still bleeding?

Customer: No unless I pull my foreskin all the way back then yes it does black blood then fresh blood
Dr. Shahzad MD :

I am sending an image, I would like you to tell me if this is the area that is broken:

http://i45.tinypic.com/25fss3q.jpg

Customer: Can't open. I'm on a iPad device
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Ok I understand

Dr. Shahzad MD :

This will most likely heal itself in due course of time, however after healing it will most likely lead to a shorter frenulum and this can happen again.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So in other words there are high chances of recurrence of this problem unless you have a circumcision.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So I would suggest that you should contact a urologist or be referred to one so that you have this taken care of once and for all.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

There is nothing to be embarrassed about at all.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

This is not an uncommon problem

Customer: Ok looks like its a trip to the doctors tomorrow then
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes

Dr. Shahzad MD :

that is the best thing to do.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Better to be safe rather than sorry and get this taken care of once and for all.

Customer: Thank you for your help