Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

How do you know whether youve got it or not? My husband went

Customer Question

How do you know whether you've got it or not? My husband went with someone about ten years ago. After that he did he started using condoms when we went together. after a few times he confessed to me and we've never had sex since because he told me he had HIV though says he's never been tested. I am worried now because even wearing condoms we can never be safe. Would I know by now?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

the best way to know if you have HIV or not is to get blood testing

Dr. David :

how does he know if he has HIV if he has never been tested?

Dr. David :

condoms have a 99% chance of blocking HIV transmission.

Dr. David :

the 1% chance usually comes from improper use of condoms or if the condom breaks.

Dr. David :

you should get yourself blood testing for HIV so you know for sure if you have HIV or not.

Dr. David :

there are many HIV or planned parenthood clinics in the UK where you can get blood HIV testing an you will know for sure in a few minutes if you have HIV or not.

Dr. David :

using symptoms to tell if you have HIV or not is not a good way to know and is very unreliable.

Dr. David :

hello?