Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I Have lower back pain really bad, I do sit at a desk for 7

I Have lower back pain really bad, I do sit at a desk for 7 hours a day in a office. I am also trying to fall pregnant.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions

Since how many days/weeks you are having this back pain?
Have you underwent any tests so far?
Are you overweight?

I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

only the last week or just under ts started getting bad. No had no tests yet and I'm not overweight

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The lower back pain you are having since last week can be due to acute lumbar strain causing stretching injury to the ligaments, tendons, and/or muscles of the low back. It is one of the most common causes of low back pain.

Another possibility is of lumbar radiculopathy.It is nerve irritation that is caused by damage to the discs between the vertebrae or it can occur when the nerves of the lumbar spine are irritated by mechanical cause or disease.Your long sitting hours can be an aggravating factor.

You may need Nerve testing (EMG/electromyogram),radiology testing, such as x-ray scan of lower back.

Take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

Apply ointment Emulgel.Its active ingredient diclofenac sodium, belongs to a drug category called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs(NSAID’s).It will reduce the inflammation & pain.Massage the area a few minutes every hour. This is supposed to decrease swelling and increase blood flow.Both the medication are available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

If still the symptoms persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you so much.

Dear customer,

Also I would like to advise you to apply heat in the form of a warm wash cloth applied to the area for 10 minutes or so 2 or 3 times a day.This will increase blood flow to the area allowing to subside the inflammation.

Please do not forget to rate my answer as positive.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert