DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hello! I am facing a difficult situation. I have change

Customer Question

Hello!

I am facing a difficult situation. I have change job and I realized that the new job does not suits me at all, my duties do not satisfy me and the work nature is something totally out of me. Before deciding to leave my old job, I was not fully aware for my new job duties.I miss my old job and I cannot stop my mind from thinking it. Since I left my job, I am in tears, I cannot control it and i believe that the situation has got out of hand. I am trying to persuade my self that all I have to do is to give it a chance and at least wait for a year, before I start looking for a new one. However I cannot manage my feeling. I am afraid that I will result having depression symptoms, if not already. PLEASE PLEASE, give me some guidance.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Hello'
this can be anxiety
The treatment for anxiety and depression is the same type of medication...SSRI, most likely.

Zoloft and celexa are good examples,

You probably only need this short term until you feel stable.

Therapy with a psychologist is just as good in many cases.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.