DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi, Im a 24 year old female of 53, i was diagnosed with stage

Hi, I'm a 24 year old female of 5'3, i was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis in August 2013. I had a laparoscopy and some of the endometrial tissue was removed, my bowel is the main place affected by the endometriosis. I'm currently having a 6 month course of Prostap along with daily hrt, i am growing concerned though because since starting this treatment i have been feeling very nauseas and i have excessive gas in the form of belching all the time. This is especially in the evening and I sometimes wake early in the morning around 5am feeling like im about to throw up. Im wondering if this is likely to be linked to the treatment im having or the endometriosis or perhaps something unrelated?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Side effects are possible
But have you been examined for ulcer or gastritis?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I haven't. Would any of these have been visible in my laparoscopy if i had had an ulcer at the time. Is gastritis a type of stomach flu?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
NO
Only a scope to the stomach would show these.
Gastritis is inflammation of the stomach and is often caused by a bacteria called h pylori, which also causes ulcers.
So instead of a scope, your doctor can order an h pylori breath test..if this is positive you need the correct antibiotics.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not very satisfied with the response unfortunately as the answer hasn't touched on what I wished to be answered fully.

I waited 45 minutes for a response to which isn't very satisfactory I was expecting more detail and some reference to my endometreosis as this is why I was enquiring and unfortunatel I haven't received that In my answer.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
The q and a format is a back and forth, like texting.
You were invited back to ask further questions, yet you gave a bad rating.

I don't think this is your endometriosis.
I already said that drug side effects might account for this.
But
That gastritis and ulcer need to be ruled out.
I then told you how your doctors can do that

What other questions do you have???
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im sorry I was just being honest. I'm paying £26 and have just received a rude answer. The main reason for the rating was the length of time i waited for a response.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure why there was the dealy.
I am using the site as a user from this end just as you are.

In any case....
Was there another question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Could the Prostap injection and hrt possibly cause the nauseous feeling? I'll go and see my GP and get them to check for Gastritis and ulcer.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Yes they can.
There are all sorts of side effects.
Generally, if it were the meds, I would not expect it to develop over time, but to be immediate after using them. That is not always the case however.

Each of these can be considered for side effects of nausea however.

This illness is essentially one of estrogen dominance, and that can be very hard to control.

Some of your symptoms sound like gastritis or ulcer however, and that can also happen on this regimen.

I will stick with you until you are done.

Please reverse the negative rating with a positive when satisfied.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The nausea started pretty much as soon as i started Prostap. I have been diagnosed with IBS in the past also but haven't suffered with the nausea before. I have however suffered with excessive gas some of the time but always put this down to my IBS.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Nausea is not a typical symptom of IBS.
It is more typical of gastritis or ulcer.

And it is new.

I would attribute logically to gastritis, ulcer, or the prostap, given the time sequence.

Please do not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the answers. I will go see my GP and get checked over
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome anytime
Any questions
Please do not forget a positive rating.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.