Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Is blood in the mucous when you blow your nose nothing to worry

Is blood in the mucous when you blow your nose nothing to worry about when you have a sinus infection? I am assuming that all the blowing is causing blood vessels to burst? How long should a sinus infection last and is there anything you should worry about? Also What signs should you look out for in children under 8 yrs concerning sinus infections? Thank you

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Blood coming out of your nose when you have a sinus infection is not something to worry about as this is very common in people who have such an infection.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

It will settle as the infection is cured.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

A sinus infection usually last for up to a couple of weeks.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

When there is a sinus infection in children under 8 they will usually have a fever, mucous, runny nose, headache or facial pain.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Let me know if you have more questions.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Rate me for my services when you are done.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Kindest Regards

I tried the live chat session but I could not connect with you.
I have answered your question above. Let me know if you have any further questions. Rate me for my services when you are done.
Kindest Regards